Rohde and Schwarz (R&S) has unveiled the R&S ZNBT40. This is the first vector network analyser (VNA) that has a broad frequency range from 100 kHz to 40 GHz and up to 24 integrated test ports. The multiport architecture of the VNA is advantageous not only for tests on multiport components but also for simultaneous testing of multiple devices under test (DUTs) in production to boost throughput.
The VNA is ideal for measurements on front-end modules, antenna arrays and beamformer chips for 5G NR. It measures up to 24 test ports at the same time, enabling measurements on multiport components as well as simultaneous parallel measurements on multiple DUTs.
The R&S ZNBT is the only multiport VNA that can measure in the frequency spectrum below 300 kHz, making it suitable for specification tests in accordance with standards such as USB-C. In addition, it allows users to perform signal integrity tests to check crosstalk or length offset between lines or to detect faults in cables.
Developers can use it for applications such as measurements on 5G antenna arrays. Manufacturers of active and passive components can use the VNA for a wide variety of multi-antenna communications systems (MIMO, SISO, MISO), including radar systems for the aerospace and defence (A&D) sector.
R&S has also released the R&S NGL200 power supply series. The single-channel R&S NGL201 and the two-channel R&S NGL202 deliver up to 60 W of output power per channel. The output channels are floating, galvanically isolated and protected against overload and short circuits. This power supply series can also sink power in a controlled manner, thereby enabling them to simulate the specific characteristics of a battery. This series also sets new standards with its capacitive touchscreens and large, high resolution displays. The optimised user interface is especially intuitive, and temperature-controlled fans ensure extremely quiet operation. Extensive safety functions safeguard the DUT and the power supply in the event of a fault. The functions of the R&S NGL200 series are as follows:
- Extremely fast load recovery time: Due to the fast load recovery time of less than 30 seconds and minimal overshoot, this power supply series is ideal for handling load changes from a few µA to the ampere range without voltage drops or overshoots.
- Operation as source or sink: The linear two-quadrant design of the output stages enables the R&S NGL200 power supplies to operate as a source and sink, with automatic switching from source mode to sink mode.
- Minimum residual ripple and low noise: This power supply series features a linear regulation to deliver extremely stable output voltages and currents, which makes it suitable for powering sensitive modules and developing power amplifiers and monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs).
- 6½-digit resolution: The R&S NGL200 series comes with up to 6½-digit resolution for voltage, current and power measurements, thereby making it suitable for characterising devices that have low power consumption in standby mode and high current in full-load operation. The entire measuring range is covered without having to switch ranges, which, in turn, speeds up measurements.
- The R&S NGL200 series provides connectors for sense lines. USB and LAN interfaces are installed as standard for remote control. The R&S NGL-K102 option also adds WLAN support. Digital inputs and outputs are available with the R&S NGL-K103 option, and the R&S NGL-B105 hardware option provides a GPIB (IEEE-488) interface.