Keysight Technologies has launched the first dual-channel VXG microwave signal generators that support up to 44 GHz signals and 2 GHz radio frequency (RF) modulation bandwidth in a single instrument.
The new VXG microwave signal generators address the most demanding wideband millimeter wave (mmWave) applications for 5G and satellite communications by decreasing the test set-up complexity and reducing path losses introduced in over-the-air (OTA) test environments.
Keysight’s 5G waveform generation and analysis testbed solution leverages the VXG microwave signal generator’s enhanced capabilities for 5G development teams. This helps them to efficiently validate new designs across Frequency Range 1 (FR1) and Frequency Range 2 (FR2), as defined by the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The company’s VXG signal generators offer designers and manufacturers of wireless equipment a wide range of advanced features, such as:
- Unmatched RF performance that optimises measurement integrity and minimises uncertainty for wide bandwidths at millimeter wave frequencies
- A new graphical user interface for 5G NR that delivers a streamlined experience when creating standard-compliant test signals
- User-centric interface — multi-touch and modular — that delivers identical performance while addressing specific needs unique to research and development, and manufacturing environments.
The devices also support the next frontier of cellular technology and offer the following key benefits:
- Delivering an optimised 5G NR test system setup, and leveraging dual-channel 44 GHz vector signal generation with up to 2 GHz RF modulation bandwidth and phase-coherent capability in a single test instrument.
- Offering low OTA test system path loss, resulting from the industry’s highest output power versus error vector magnitude (EVM) and adjacent channel power ratio (ACPR) performance.
- Accelerating product development through integration with Keysight’s PathWave Signal Generation, a software suite with access to a wide range of evolving standards (3GPP compliant 5G NR signals) for testing base stations, mobile terminal transmitters and receivers.