VIAVI Solutions has unveiled a range of products and services engineered to simplify and accelerate high-speed network test across all phases of the production lifecycle from product design, validation and manufacturing, to fibre optic monitoring and inspection.
With these new offerings, VIAVI further enhances the industry’s most complete portfolio of test and measurement solutions for testing tomorrow’s networks in today’s lab, production and manufacturing environments, including 800G transmission and next-generation protocol testing.
- VIAVI ONT 800G FLEX DCO Module – The industry’s first fully-integrated test product for pluggable digital coherent module development, validation and integration of 400G CFP2-DCO and 400GE QSFP-DD transponders, including 400ZR. The VIAVI 800G FLEX DCO module provides a wide range of critical test and measurement capabilities that manufacturers need to design and validate pluggable digital coherent optical modules.
- MAP-300 interface for IL/RL testing with PCT solutions – This new testing interface supports the passive component/connector test (PCT) application for insertion loss (IL) / return loss (RL) measurement on the VIAVI MAP-300 platform, delivering testing that is five times faster. Working with the PCT control centre, a centralised testing ecosystem enables test data integration and management across an entire manufacturing floor.
- OneAdvisor-1000 400GE portable network tester – From the family of handheld Metro test solutions trusted around the world, the OneAdvisor-1000 equips field technicians with 400GE testing capability to fully address metro/core, submarine, and data centre interconnect applications. This solution provides rate integration spanning from 400GE down to T1/E1 in addition to fibre optic testing using OTDRs, covering future technology and all legacy protocols. An intuitive design, test process automation and cloud-based management combine to improve workforce efficiency even as networks get more complex.
- mOSX Module – Leveraging over 30 years of 1 x n switching technology, the new VIAVI OSX module enables true parallel processing, further expanding the LightDirect family of configurable optic test solutions in the MAP System for dramatic improvements in capital utilisation.
- Onsite calibration service for lab & production products – Offering the ultimate in convenience, this service for customers of VIAVI ONT and MAP portfolios provides specialised verification and calibration services on customers’ premises, eliminating any downtime and inconvenience associated with sending hardware for factory calibration.
Commenting on the development, Tom Fawcett, vice president and general manager, lab and production, VIAVI, said, “Network performance requirements are more exacting than ever, demanding precision testing of equipment from the lab and production environment to the field. As the established leader in fibre optic test and measurement, VIAVI continues to advance state-of-the-art technology for testing next-generation network components to not only enable products to be delivered to market faster, but also to ensure peak performance throughout the network lifecycle.”