The mobile subscriber base increased from 1,127.37 million as of December 2016 to 1,162.47 million as of November 2017, a growth of 3.11 per cent. The number of fixed line subscribers decreased from 24.4 million to 23.41 million, a reduction of 4.06 per cent. Private players accounted for about 90.44 per cent of the total wireless market as of November 2017. The remaining 9.56 per cent share was held by state-run operators Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL). In the wireline segment, BSNL and MTNL together held 68.1 per cent market share as of November 2017, while the remaining was held by private operators.