Netgear has introduced a new Smart Managed Pro Switch (GS724TPv2) to support the deployment of modern devices requiring power over Ethernet (PoE+). The NETGEAR 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with two small form-factor pluggable (SFP) ports offers configurable L2 network features like VLAN (virtual local area network) and PoE operation scheduling, enabling small and midsize business (SMB) customers to deploy PoE-based voice over internet protocol (VoIP) phones and IP surveillance.
It represents a switching solution for even advanced SMBs looking for the best combination of features, performance and value, specifically for the hospitality, education and retail industries. Purpose built for converged networks where voice, video, data and IoT are carried over a single network platform, the GS724TPv2 has 24 PoE+ copper ports and two dedicated SFP ports for fibre uplinks. It offers network managers the advantage of connecting up to 24 wireless access points, IP security cameras, LED lighting and VoIP endpoints to the network with a single wire for power and connectivity. With its robust PoE power budget of 190W, the GS724TPv2 switch supports denser deployment of PoE+ devices, a benefit for cautious-spender organisations.
In addition, the new 24-Port PoE+ Switch offers customised operations using an intuitive, web browser-based management interface. The GS724TPv2 offers advanced features such as access control lists (ACLs), L2/L3/L4 DiffServ quality of service (QoS), link aggregation control protocol (LACP) and spanning tree, catering to even the most advanced small business networks. The rack mount GS724TPv2 features energy efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings and operates silently even at full power owing to its temperature and load-based fan-speed control.
The GS724TPv2 provides a powerful layer 2 feature, good PoE functionality and enhanced performance. Its key features include:
- 190 Watt PoE budget available across 24 Gigabit PoE+ ports (802.3at).
- Two dedicated Gigabit SFP fibre ports for aggregation to the network core.
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management graphical user interface.
- Advanced per port PoE controls for remote power management of PoE connected devices, including operation scheduling.
- Configurable L2 network features such as VLANs, rapid spanning tree and internet group management protocol (IGMP) Snooping Querier.
- Advanced smart switching features (ACLs, L2/L4/L4 DiffServ QoS policies, LACP, denial of service protection).
- Non-blocking switching architecture with 52 Gbps line rate fabric for maximum throughput across all 24 ports of Gigabit Ethernet in full duplex mode.