Juniper Networks has announced two new EX series access switches that will enable secure and simplified management for campus and branch networks, regardless of size and complexity. The EX2300, an entry-level switch, and the EX3400, a mid-range switch, offer new options for companies to leverage Juniper Networks’ Unite platform. The new solutions are expected to further enhance Juniper’s software defined secure networks framework by serving as additional enforcement points throughout the network.
As a part of Juniper Unite, an agile enterprise architecture that provides a simplified network infrastructure, the EX2300 and EX3400 switches provide small and mid-market organisations with an easy-to-manage network solution, liberating overextended IT resources to concentrate on high-impact projects. The new access switches also offer greater flexibility to large enterprises, needed to significantly scale operations and implement resource-intensive IT projects. These switches enhance the EX series switching portfolio, offering customers more choice while maintaining the same Junos-based EX feature set, including end-point functionality for Junos Fusion Enterprise. In addition, by integrating enforcement capabilities into these new switches, companies can stop potential security threats closer to where they originate and help the network defend itself.
The key features of the EX2300 access switch are:
- It has 10 GbE uplinks to support the increased demand for bandwidth from cloud, rich media and video.
- It can be deployed as end-points in a Junos Fusion Enterprise fabric, allowing unprecedented operational simplification.
- It can be combined in a virtual chassis configuration to simplify operations and reduce the production time.
- Multiple EX2300 switches can be seamlessly managed with a network director, which delivers full life cycle management for simplified network control and automation across the distributed enterprise.
The key features of the EX3400 access switch are:
- It includes 10 GbE and 40 GbE uplinks to meet the increased demand for bandwidth-hungry applications.
- It entails redundant power supplies and fans to meet the additional hardware redundancy requirements of mission-critical environments.
- Virtual chassis with zero touch provisioning.
- It offers Media Access Control Security (MACsec) hardware encryption on 1 GbE and 10 GbE interfaces that support the enhanced security requirements of the government, financial services or other security-critical enterprise environments.
The Juniper Networks Professional Services team and its authorised professional service partners can provide network assessments, customer on-boarding, design, deployment and education services to help enterprise customers evolve their network architectures to meet cloud-based application and service requirements. The EX2300 and the EX3400 are covered by Juniper’s enhanced limited lifetime warranty. Further, Juniper’s highly trained professional service partners offer their own unique brand of service offerings to help customers better integrate Juniper’s technologies into