Tempo Communication Inc is planning to launch FIP100, a fibre optic inspection tool that provides full Telcordia Pass/Fail compliance testing on fibre optic ferrule end faces and bulkheads. The single button operation controls the work flow utilising industry leading auto centre and auto focus algorithms to provide an enhanced image for subsequent analysis in seven seconds. When paired with iOS or Android companion applications, the FIP100 provides fast and accurate International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Institute for Printed Circuits (IPC) or American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) compliant analysis which then exports a comprehensive PDF report. Displayed results are compliant to IEC 61300-3-35 or other user defined criteria.
Some of the key product features include:
- View ferrule end faces and bulkheads compliant to IEC61300-3-35
- Live image streaming to Android and iOS devices
- Auto focus and auto centering
- IEC, IPC, industry standard and user defined inspection criteria
- Report generation software included
- Field of view of 612 x 460 μm
- Analysis resolution of <1.0 μm
- Single button operation – seven seconds measurement/analysis time
- Wide range of adapter tips
The tool provides applications including:
- Inspection of connectors on patch cords or in bulkhead adapters
- Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of fibre network
- Critical fibre infrastructure performance assurance
- Verification of proper connector cleaning methods and procedures
Pass/fail results in seconds: With the press of a single button, the FIP100 auto-focuses, captures, centres and analyses the endface image to industry standard IEC 61300-3-35 (2015), IPC-8497-1, AT&T TP-76461 and other user-defined criteria.
Untethered operation: App-based report generator. With rechargeable battery and convenient pass/fail LED feedback when used as a standalone unit.
Wide range of adapter tips: Interchangeable adapter tips support fibre connector inspection for a wide range of patch cords and bulkhead-mounted connectors having either PC/UPC or APC polished end-faces.
Additionally, the FIP100 also provides smart device applications including :
- Live image video streaming
- Auto-focus and auto centering
- IEC, IPC, industry standard, and user-defined inspection rules
- Pinch-to-zoom fibre end-face images
- Report generation
- Multi-language graphical user interface (GUI)
- Day/time stamped job saving