As per a study by OLX, Apple has raced ahead of Samsung, Xiaomi and BBK Electronics brands-Vivo, Oppo, and Oneplus to emerge as the most popular brand in the Indian pre-owned smartphone market.
Apple’s iPhone was the most listed smartphone on OLX in 2019, holding 19 per cent of total listings.
Samsung was at 16 per cent listings, while, BBK Electronics -Vivo, Oppo, and Oneplus held 14 per cent and Xiaomi held 13 per cent listing on OLX. Whereas, other brands (Motorola, Lenovo, Nokia, Asus, Gionee, Sony, HTC, LG, Lava, Intex, Karbonn, Micromax and other OEM’s) collectively comprised of 38 per cent of the smartphones listed on OLX.
Apple had the highest share in terms of demand as well with 19 per cent, followed by Xiaomi with 18 per cent, Samsung and BBK Electronics with 15 per cent each, while other brands (Motorola, Lenovo, Nokia, Asus, Gionee, Sony, HTC, LG, Lava, Intex, Karbonn, Micromax and other OEMs) collectively held 33 per cent of total demand.
The study also revealed that the pre-owned smartphone market is growing at a rapid rate, due to increased frequency of smartphone launches in India, leading to wider choice and availability for users across multiple price ranges.