Anritsu Corporation has launched a new spectrum analyser, MS9740B, which has been developed for evaluating the output characteristics of the optical active devices used by optical communication systems. The MS9740B offers the same measurement-sensitivity performance, functions and size as its predecessor, MS9740A, while shortening the measurement processing time by 50 per cent. It also improves production line efficiency by optimising the optical receiver bandwidth settings.
The MS9740B benchtop optical spectrum analyser has a wide dynamic range, high resolution and fast sweep speeds over a wavelength range of 600 nm to 1,750 nm. It supports multimode fibre input and is ideal for manufacturing and evaluating 850 nm band VCSEL modules.
It retains optical active device (LD-Module, DFB-LD, FP-LD, LED, WDM and optical amplifier [NF and Gain]) measurement menu screens for evaluating devices. It supports all-at-once measurements of key evaluation items such as optical centre wavelength, level, OSNR, spectrum width, etc., and displays these results on one screen.
Some of the key features are:
- Wide dynamic range and high speed measurement at optical receiver bandwidths used commonly by customers within production lines for optical active devices
- SMSR measurement at 45 dB minimum
- Maximum measurement processing time of 0.35s (sweeping 30 nm wavelength)
- Same key functions and performance as its predecessor, supporting various production line environments
- Wide wavelength band (600 to 1,750 nm) for evaluating all optical active devices
- Nine application menus for LD-module, WDM, etc., measurements.