Anritsu Corporation has introduced the Coherent OTDR MW90010B, designed to locate faults in submarine cables. The MW90010B has an evaluation range of up to 20,000 km and offers an easily selectable wavelength that covers the full C-band. It is now more portable, with a 40 per cent weight reduction while maintaining the same product size as the previous model. Anritsu helps customers in improving the quality of submarine cable communications and continues to support test solutions to meet market needs.
The Coherent OTDR MW90010B utilises the coherent (optical heterodyne) detection method and has a built-in tunable wavelength light source. Its selectable wavelength feature facilitates the measurement of all cable lines from each landing station, ensuring the quality of submarine cables.
- Locates faults in submarine cables for distances of up to 20,000 km.
- Supports faulty detection for up to 12,000 km, with repeaters installed at 80 km or wider intervals.
- Extends the detection distance up to 20,000 km with the MW90010B-003 option.
- Wider wavelength range (1,527.60 nm – 1,567.13 nm, ITU-T grid 50 GHz step).
- Covers the full C-band measurement.
- Built-in tunable light source with ±0.05 nm wavelength accuracy.
- Reduced weight for better portability.
- Weighing less than 10 kg and compact size for portability (40 per cent weight saving for the same size as the previous model).
- Easy portability at landing stations, submarine cable laying vessels and other maintenance sites.