Reader's Poll

Which of the following technologies/concepts are likely to witness significant traction this year?
Any data to show


Tele Data

Mobile Subscribers Yearwise comparision

HCL Technologies and SEP to jointly acquire Actian for $330 million

April 13, 2018

HCL Technologies and Sumeru Equity Partners (SEP), a private equity firm have signed an agreement to jointly acquire Palo Alto-based, Actian Corporation for $330 million in an all-cash deal.

As per the terms of the agreement, HCL will own 80 per cent stake while SEP will own the rest 20 per cent stake in the joint venture entity, which will own 100 per cent shareholding of Actian. Actian will continue to operate as a separate entity within the HCL Technologies ecosystem, led by current CEO and President, Rohit De Souza, according to HCL Technologies.

According to HCL, Actian is a leader in hybrid data management, cloud integration, and analytics solutions and powers insight-driven enterprises around the globe to help them solve data challenges. It will play a critical role in enhancing HCL’s Mode 3 offerings in data management products and platforms. Further, Actian’s products when combined with HCL’s Mode 2 solution offerings – cloud native, digital and analytics, and internet of things works, will be a powerful proposition to harness the power of hybrid data.

Prior to this deal, Garnett Helfrich Capital was the majority owner of Actian.


To post comments, kindly login

  • Most Viewed
  • Most Rated
  • Most Shared
  • Related Articles
 Your cart is empty

Monday morning